Mechanical Engineering Labs
The Department of Mechanical Engineering has invested heavily in industry standard laboratory equipment and research facilities. Such investments have been made in the areas of rapid prototyping, manufacturing, measurement, automation, control, bioengineering,energy, fluids, thermodynamics and materials science. In the laboratories students face real issues and their preparation and training equips them for jobs in Industry.
The departmental facilities include:
- 3D Computer Aided Design Software
- Laser-based Rapid Prototyping Equipment
- 3D Printing Facilities
- Numerically controlled Milling and Lathe systems
- Inverted Metallographic Microscope
- Aerodynamics Bench
- 3D Co-ordinate Measuring Machine
- Non-contact Gauging laser Micrometer
- Photoelasticity Apparatus
- Puma & SCARA Robots
Click on the links on the right side panel for a description and photographs of the Mechanical Engineering laboratories.